Founded in 1889 by Mr Fred Read, F Read & Son began life manufacturing food preservatives
(Polarine). Thereafter as increasingly modern methods in manufacturing were developed
we began supplying equipment to allied industries and in particular the dairy industry.
In 1989 we purchased the dairy supply company, "Desco" and became the now well known
"Read Desco Ltd", forever striving, just as our predecessors did, to supply all the
very latest innovative equipment and consumables available.
For an in depth booklet of our company history the first hundred years, please enquire
at any of the numbers below.
To contact us for sales, servicing & consumables:
Read Desco Ltd , The Old Meal Store, The Estate Yard,